School Minibus Driver
Description: 10 hours per week over 5 days. 6.30am-8.30 am
or 20 hours and 6.30am-8.30 am 3.30pm -5.30pm
Term-time only (36 weeks)
Salary: 10 hours per week - £14,549 per annum pro rata. This equates to £3,188.
Salary: 20 hours per week - £14,549 per annum pro rata. This equates to £6,376.
We are looking to appoint a skilled School Minibus Driver to join our transport department.
All drivers of the school minibuses must:
• Be over 21 years of age (for insurance purposes)
• Have held a category B licence for at least 2 years.
• Have a D1 entitlement on their licence.
• Undergo a Worcester County Council minibus driving assessment and must successfully pass this test to be employed.
• Ensure the emotional and physical welfare of the pupils in their care in line with Hereford Cathedral School Child Protection Guidelines
Duties shall include the following:
• To safely transport pupils and staff from one location to another ensuring that all Road Traffic Act Legislation is adhered to.
• To maintain good customer relations with parents and schools and contribute to a positive atmosphere on the minibus.
• Carry out daily and weekly vehicle checks on minibus i.e. oil level, fuel, water etc.
An application form and job description may be downloaded:
Download: Job Description
Download: Application Form
Completed applications should be accompanied by a covering letter and sent to
Mrs Cath Knowles, Hereford Cathedral School, Old Deanery, The Cathedral Close, Hereford HR1 2NG or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Registered charity number 518889