1. Parents should request an information pack from the Admissions Officer.
2. Parents should complete the Registration Form for International Students which includes details of Entry Requirements, Admissions procedure, A level options available, Parent Contract, Fees Deposits required and term dates.
3. On receipt of the Registration Form the following checks will be made either directly or in conjunction with agency:
i. Written confirmation from pupils' existing school that pupil is/was a pupil at the school.
ii. A written reference from school will be requested to ask for confirmation of home address, parental details, academic results, IELTS (or equivalent) level, health, disabilities or learning needs, character reference, and suitability to study away from home.
iii. Where practical, a formal interview will take place in a student's country with either the Headmaster, a member of the Senior Management Team or the International Student Coordinator. Alternatively interviews will be conducted via Skype.
iv. The interview will include questions covering all items in (iii) above and assess the student's oral English.
v. At interview applicants may need to show their passport or birth certificate.
vi. A formal written assessment will also be undertaken to assess the student's ability to study at AS/A2 level.
vii. Students will not be eligible to study at Hereford Cathedral School without providing a deposit and full year's fees in advance. Parents will be required to a sign contract that a full year's fees will be paid in advance. If an application from a student is unsuccessful or CAS is refused the deposit (less administration and bank transfer fees) will be returned.
4. If a student meets the School’s entry requirements (ie passes interview, written assessments, oral, reference checks) then parents will be provided with an ‘Acceptance Form, with a request for a deposit. A Parent Contract will be issued after payment of deposit.
5. Parents should now make arrangements for a Guardian/Homestay family using an AEGIS accredited Agency.
6. On receipt of a deposit and full details of the Homestay Family a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (“CAS”) will be issued to the student so they can apply to UKVI in country of residence for Tier 4 Child or General Visa. At this point the student will be registered as a new student at Hereford Cathedral School.
Following the successful application of an international student to the school, parents should inform the School of the agreed dates of arrival with Homestay Family. This will be at least 2 full days prior to Sixth Form induction.
On arrival at school the student will attend an Induction Day and be provided with an ID card containing 24 hour emergency numbers. International students will meet the International Student Coordinator who will establish academic timetables, pastoral needs. To assist with integration of students into our community, a “buddy” will be assigned to all new students who will be on hand to help them settle in and get the best out of their experience both inside and outside of the School.
The Guardian/Homestay Family will be required to arrange registering with Doctor, Dentist and Police (within 7 days of arrival in UK). Registration at Police Station must be done within 7 days of student arrival in the UK. This is a mandatory UKVI requirement.